YOUR WARRANTY DEPENDS ON YOUR ADHERENCE TO THESE GUIDELINES
Failure to verify a properly functioning ECM is installed in the vehicle will cause immediate transmission damage and will void your warranty.
- Scan original vehicle computer, record any codes for later review, and resolve all codes. Please note that some engine codes will prevent shifting into 5th gear in this application.
- Inspect all engine mounts, transmission mounts, and cradle mounts for wear and damage.
- Inspect drive axle splines, retaining clips, and CV joints for wear and damage.
- Test all sensors and switches that have been transferred from the original transmission for correct operation.
- Compare replacement transmission and torque convertor to original before installation.
- Transmission cooler and lines must be hot flushed or replaced.
- Inspect flex plate closely and completely for any cracks or damage.
- Verify that the engine block and bell housing surfaces are clean and free of paint, grease, oil, dirt, and corrosion.
- Be sure both dowel pins are clean, in good condition, and installed properly.
- Seat the torque converter completely onto the input shaft prior to installing the transmission in the vehicle.
- On AWD applications, install the new transfer case lube passage seal that has been supplied.
- Air tools should NOT be used to force the transmission against the engine block; this may damage or break the transmission case.
- Fill the transmission with supplied synthetic or T-IV transmission fluid.
- Confirm that the transmission has a good ground connection; reattach all ground straps to the correct location free of paint, grease, oil, dirt, and corrosion.
- Do not use power tools to tighten the manual lever retaining nut. The use of power tools can damage the internal linkage.
- Complete the Adaptive Memory Reset procedure for the ECM by using a capable scan tool. Disconnecting the battery is not sufficient to clear the adaptive memory. See next page for adaptive memory reset screenshots from a Toyota factory scan tool.
ADAPTIVE MEMORY RESET
- 2004–2006 Camry (V6) (1MZ/3MZ)
- 2004–2008 Solara (V6) (3MZ)
- 2004-2010 Sienna (3MZ/2GR-FE)
- 2004-2013 Highlander (V6) (3MZ)(2GR)
- 2004-2006 Lexus RX 330 (3MZ)
- 2004-2006 Lexus ES 330 (3MZ)
- 2005–2007 Avalon (V6) (2GR-FE)
- 2006-2012 Rav4 (V6) (2GR-FE)
- 2005–2009 Avensis (4cyl 2AZ-FSE)
- 2004–2010 Sienna (3MZ/2GR-FE AWD)
- 2004–2007 Highlander (V6 AWD)
- 2006–2012 RAV4 (V6 AWD)
- 2004-2008 Lexus RX330 AWD
- 2005–2009 Camry (4 cyl.)
- 2006–2009 Solara (4 cyl.)
- 2009– Matrix (2.4 L 2WD)
- 2009-2010 Corolla (2.4L)