YOUR WARRANTY DEPENDS ON YOUR ADHERENCE TO THESE GUIDELINES
Fluid Contamination Causing Transmission Failure
Some Nissan vehicles equipped with the Aisin AW55 5-speed automatic transmission have experienced premature transmission failure due to contamination of transmission fluid with engine coolant. We have identified that the fluid contamination occurs due to failure of the transmission fluid cooler.
NEW COOLER REPLACEMENT
In order to assure complete elimination of engine coolant as a re-contamination source, we are supplying new coolers with specific AW55 part numbers. New coolers have been installed on the transmission after the dynamometer testing process to guard against further fluid contamination.
The following vehicles are affected:
• 2004 Nissan Maxima (T530503)
• 2005-2006 Nissan Altima SE-R (T530512)
• 2005-2006 Nissan Maxima (T530512)
• 2004 Nissan Quest (T530513)
• 2005-2006 Nissan Altima SL/SE (T530514)
• 2005-2009 Nissan Quest (T530517)