YOUR WARRANTY DEPENDS ON YOUR ADHERENCE TO THESE GUIDELINES
After replacing the transmission, replacing the TCM, or reflashing a TCM, you must perform the following relearn procedures:
NEUTRAL POSITION LEARNING
• Verify that the N position mark on the TCM is positioned correctly with the manual arm shaft and adjust as necessary.
• With the ignition ON and engine OFF, release the shift lock and place the shift lever into the Neutral position.
• Verify with a scanner that Neutral has been selected. Factory scan tools can input a Neutral signal to the TCM to inform the TCM that the Neutral position is selected.
• Turn the ignition off after releasing the shift lock and place the shift lever into Park.
• Turn the ignition on for 5 seconds and then shift into the Drive range and check that the indicator light displays the correct position.
• Once completed perform the Initial Learning procedures
INITIAL GARAGE SHIFT AND GEAR SHIFT LEARNING
Warm up the vehicle by idle or city driving until the transmission fluid temperature has reached between 66° to 110° C (150° - 230° F). During this time, note the degree of shock during garage shifts and gear shifts and compare after the following relearn procedures:
GARAGE SHIFT LEARNING
• Place the selector lever into Neutral and hold the brake for 3 seconds.
• Then place the selector lever into Drive and maintain this position for 3 seconds.
• Repeat this procedure 5 times.
• Then repeat this same procedure with Reverse.
GEAR SHIFT LEARNING
• From a standstill, take off in the Drive position with the throttle opened between 25% to 35% until sixth gear and 80km/h (50 mph) or higher has been reached.
• Then release the accelerator pedal and coast down to a stop in 60 seconds minimum.
• Repeat this procedure 10 times.
• Once completed, verify that the degree of shock during garage shifts into gear and shift changes have decreased as compared to conditions before starting the re-learn process.